Handmade Natural 100% Cotton Quilt for all ages. The quilt is made using 100% natural cotton Ikat fabric and natural cotton filling. The quilt top is a beautiful patchwork consisting of Ikat prints from Rajasthan.
Ikat (literally means tie in various Indonesian languages it means “to bind”) is a dyeing technique used to pattern textiles that employs resist dyeing on the yarns prior to dyeing and weaving the fabric. In ikat the resist is formed by binding individual yarns or bundles of yarns with a tight wrapping applied in the desired pattern. The yarns are then dyed.
The quilt backing Is again mulmul cotton fabric with a soft touch as this is the part that comes in contact with the skin. The filling is also natural cotton hence, making the quilt breathe. A perfect companion for a soft, comfortable and healthy sleep! This quilt also doubles up for an colourful bed cover or spread. The quilt size is approx. 60 inches X 90 inches.
- 100% Natural Cotton used to handcraft these patchwork quilts hence, making them breathe life into your sleep
- Fabric used is also 100% Cotton Ikat
- Quilt is approx. 60 inch X 90 inch size suitable for an adult / teen
- Quilt made using traditional quilting method by an all women unit in The Nilgiris
- These colourful quilts also double up as beautiful bedspread or bedcovers
Machine washable with gentle settings. Please use gentle liquid detergents and not harsh detergents such as Ariel and Surf as the fabric used is natural dyed hence, need gentle care. After wash, please flat dry in shade.